I have purchased the WP Google Maps Pro plugin from you guys and it has been working pretty well for the most part, but there’s just one issue with it that I can’t seem to fix.
If you visit this page: map in question; we can see that there is a ‘Points of Interest’ window, the map is rendering correctly, and the locations are listed out appropriately to check/uncheck as much as the user wants to. However! The markers for the locations are NOT displaying, and when you select a Location in the window, the map goes gray, but it still shows the info window for what they selected.
What kind of situations could cause this outcome? I’m getting pressured to finish this up soon, so hopefully you can help!
It seems that you have added custom style on the map that's why this issue display.
You need to be remove custom style on map from Add Map -> Map Style Setting Section and remove landscape color from gray.
I hope it helps.
I have removed the "gray" color from the "landscape" featureType, but I did not see any changes. When I removed the custom styling completely, I can also still see there there are still no markers showing.
1. The map renders fine on initial page load, but the only marker that shows is the one from the map center coordinates provided in the map configuration.
2. On initial page load, none of the locations markers are showing on the map.
3. Clicking on a location in the box makes the map window turn gray, but you can see the info window for the location over the gray window ( still no marker showing here as well ).
Could this be more of a JS issue? Thank again ahead of time.
Please share your wp login details at firstname.lastname@example.org . So we can try to investigate this issue and make it done for you.
I updated the Google API key to allow for all that I could think of the day after you suggested this ( please see attached image to see what I am allowing for the site ).
I am still not getting any markers on the page!
You are using multiple referrers for a single API key. Please remove all referrers and insert only this referrer in console *millsapartments.com/*
Please try this and let me know if you face any issue.
1. I made sure that I am only using *millsapartments.com/* in my referrers list.
2. I made sure there is only one instance of Google Maps JS API included on the page
3. I made sure that the settings are using the correct API key
4. I made sure to Enable the Places and GeoCoding Libraries.
After performing all of these steps, I can still confirm that the map on the property page is still not showing location markers, and that even the locations edit screen ( let's say for
&location_id=88on my site ) is not rendering a map. The locations edit screen is also NOT showing any errors in the JS console, so it is hard to tell what is wrong there.
Hope we can solve this soon.
I have tested your site and your API is working great so there is no issue on the API key right now. I have checked your property page, there is no any map shortcode is inserted.
I have created a dummy map "flipper code map" for testing and assign all 255 locations for testing. I am getting all 255 locations on a map without any issue. I have also created a dummy page "Map test" currently stored in a draft. Where you can see all locations are shown on a map. This is the link https://millsapartments.com/?page_id=9905&preview=true. You have to log in to your dashboard to view this page because it is saved in a draft.
Please check it and let me know.
However, on your test example page you set up for me, I still noticed some breaks happening.
Essentially, this is how to reproduce:
1. Visit https://millsapartments.com/?page_id=9905&preview=true
2. Scroll down the map until map is fully visible
3. Select 'Bowling Alley' Category dropdown
4. Under 'Bowling Alley', select Olivette Lanes and it will display the location, marker, marker window, and render the map just fine
5. Under 'Bowling Alley', now select 'Shrewsbury Lanes'. The map turns completely gray and only shows the info window.
It seems that there are some cases where selecting a location will render the map properly, and there are some cases that do not render the map properly.
I will agree, though, that in this preview page you created that more markers are indeed showing up, but the spotty functionality for the category selections continues to persist to even this example.
Are we truly out of options or ideas?
p.s. See attached for not working result on your example page.
I have tested your manage locations and found many locations have wrong latitude/longitudes are assigned thats why location marker is not created on a actual place and issue created.As you said in previous reply, I checked that location and again geo located it. After proper geo location your location is loaded on a maps and issue is resolved. So i would say please check your all locations on a manage maps if you see their location with map that mean location is assigned. If you get gray background on any location that mean it is not geo located.
Please check it at your end. One more thing you have google maps apis are loading multiple times so i also resolved that issue.
So, is the issue that the latitude and longitude values were entered into the wrong fields?
No, Lat/Long values are inserted in right place but lat/long value is not correct thats's why gray background is displayed. Please correct it on your all locations where you have seen gray background.
I hope your issue is resolved now :)