I have recently purchased and installed v2.0.4 and was able to successfully set up my Dropbox app. I have a few issues.
1. When editing my shortcode, if I put the folder path as “/” I get nothing on the front end when using the shortcode. My guess is that you can’t view the root “/” as in the first instance. Is this correct?
2. If I put the folder path as “/folder/sub-folder”, I can see a list of sub-sub-folders but their contents are empty. What can I do to get these files to appear?
3. If I put the folder path as “/folder” then I get a 502 error on the backend when I try to save shortcode. Could it be that it’s overwhelmed by such a huge request as there are a ton of sub-folders and files under /folder?
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Any help is much appreciated!
#1 Please insert Folder path directly without using 'slash (/)'. Like I have inserted in the screenshot.
#2 Your Root folder path will be inserted without using '/'(slash). Slash will be inserted if you want to display your subfolder listing directly on the frontend.
#3 Please share the screenshot of your backend so I can check it actually which you were inserted. I have enclosed screenshot. I hope it helps you allot.
1. I tried removing the leading "/" so that the field is blank. Upon saving I get the error message "Please enter dropbox folder path".
2. I removed the leading "/" so that it is "folder/sub-folder" and the problem remained the same– 502 Error.
3. The problem ended up being something in my skin. It works fine using the default skin.
#1 may just be a simple syntax-checking issue. I believe the bigger issue (#2) is that there may be some kind of limit or timeout due to how the dropbox files are processed, and it's only present because I have a bunch of files (some large)?
We have created a guide video tutorial related to dropbox on this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OienF-wZyZs May i know how much files/folder are you want to display on a listings. I hope you followed all instructions properly during configure your Dropbox storage. Please try this video and your issue will be resolved if you missed any step during configure.
The "folder" I'm trying to display is 5GB. Is there a size limit?
This is a huge file storage, you need to make max_execution_time to Zero then it will take time to synchronize.
I hope you got it.