I’ve got five routes. I want to change the order of waypoints along the route as Google does something really weird by backtracking to the starting point before going to the next point. Also, can I use the custom markers of the marker locations categories? Also, can I get rid of the waypoint markers altogether? Can I show the marker location info window instead of what the waypoint considers is the address (this is always different from the location marker’s address). Can I switch off the directions as they are not correct (possibly due to the way Google interprets the waypoints).
Failing all of that, how can I stop the routes from being displayed by default on map opening?
1. You can't change the order of way points right now in this version but we have added this in our to-do list and will add this functionality in upcoming version.
2. can I use the custom markers of the marker locations categories? - Yeah, you can. You can upload a new marker or can choose from Media Manager. Go to 'Add Marker Category' to create a new category and assign marker icon to the category.
3. Also, can I get rid of the waypoint markers altogether? - On time of creating routes, you can leave Way Points selection to blank.
4. Best way to display marker inforwindow is to assign that location to the map also.
5. Can I switch off the directions as they are not correct - You can display Routes tab on google maps as shown here 'Routes' map on http://www.flippercode.com/product/wp-google-map-pro/ page. You can enable it from Tabs Settings -> Display route tab.
6. how can I stop the routes from being displayed by default on map opening? - There is no way to do this right now.