What is your customers’ opinion about your products and services? This feedback is the best measure to improve your online business of selling any product or service. If you are running your online business on the WordPress platform, you can easily collect your customer feedback on WordPress pages.
Here is everything you want to know about adding a WordPress feedback form for your online business.
How to Make a WordPress Customer Feedback Form
Before requesting for customer feedback on your website, make a list of feedback questions that will help you the most in improving your products or services. Here is a sample list of effective questions:
- What is the likelihood of you recommending our product/service to your friend or family?
- Which product feature do you like the most?
- Which area do you think we can improve our services in?
- How likely are you to shop with us again in the future?
- How did you come to know about our brand?
Once you’ve shortlisted the possible feedback questions, you can get started with creating the WordPress customer feedback form. Following is an overview of the 4 steps you need to complete this process:
- Create a Customer Feedback Form.
- Customize the Feedback Form.
- Configure the Feedback Form’s settings.
- Add the Customer Feedback Form to your website.
Let’s discuss each of these steps in detail in the following sections.
Step 1 – Create a Customer Feedback Form
The first step in this process is to create the right customer feedback form for your website. You can easily create this online form by using a Customer Feedback Form plugin for WordPress like WPForms. This plugin features a drag-and-drop functionality that makes it easy even for non-technical users to create an online feedback form.
Depending on your business need, you can create several types of forms including the following:
- Poll form: where you can ask your customers a single poll question. For example, you can ask the customers, “which is your favorite product?”
- Survey form: using this, you can conduct an online customer survey and ask them to rate their experience with your brand. Survey options can range from “Very Unsatisfied” to “Very Satisfied.”
- Suggestion form: This is the most basic type of feedback form where you can ask your customers for their feedback and suggestions. You can include multiple-choice questions along with single-line text fields or paragraphs (where your users can enter their suggestions).
Step 2 – Customize your Feedback Form
After creating the feedback form, you need to customize your feedback form in WordPress. Using a customer feedback form plugin in WordPress, you can easily customize any form based on your business requirements. For instance, you can choose to add the “Net Promoter Score” field to indicate how much likely are customers to recommend your brand to others. These values can range from 0 (not at all likely) to 10 (extremely likely).
You can also customize your feedback form to ask customers follow-up questions based on their responses to previous questions. Overall, WordPress form plugins offer a range of customization options that can improve the quality of customer feedback on your website.
Step 3 – Configure your Feedback Form Settings
Before adding the feedback form to your WordPress site, you must configure its settings. Apart from general settings, you can configure the confirmations (the message displayed when customers submit a completed form) and the notifications (the email message that you receive once the form has been submitted).
Here are the customer feedback form settings that you can configure:
- General settings: where you can configure the form name and description, along with the submit button. Additionally, you can configure anti-spam and security settings for your form.
- Confirmation settings: using this option, you can configure form confirmations (or messages) that are displayed once the customer submits the form. Possible types of confirmation messages include Message, Show Page, and Redirect.
- Notification settings: here, you can configure the email notification settings once the form has been completed and submitted. Notifications can be sent to your own business email address and your customer’s registered email address.
Step 4 – Add Your Customer Feedback Form to Your Website.
The last step is to add the created customer feedback form to your WordPress site. Here is how you can add a new (or existing) form to any WordPress post or page:
- Open the target WordPress page or post in edit mode and click the “Add Form” button in the Text Editor.
- Select the type of form (for example, Suggestion form) and click “Add Form.”
- Publish the post or page to view the newly added form.
You can also add a customer feedback form to your sidebar or any other widget on your WordPress site.
- Sign into your WordPress Admin panel and navigate to Appearance > Widgets panel.
- Add the form widget to the sidebar (or any other desired area).
- Specify the widget title, then save the changes.
Additionally, you can collect customer feedback by adding a pop-up form. This appears after users have completed a specific action (for example, purchasing a product).
Customer feedback forms are the most honest way of knowing what customers think about your product, brand, or customer service. Using this feedback, you can make necessary changes to your products and services to attract more business. This article has shown you how to add a customer feedback form on any WordPress page, post, sidebar, or footer area.
With its extensive experience in WordPress website development, Flipper Code has served to fulfill its customer requirements through a range of services and how-to articles. For instance, here is a blog about how to use dynamic content to improve your email engagement.
If you are facing difficulties in creating a feedback form on your own, we can help you design a customized feedback form that works for your online business. Drop us a message today with all your company information.